Painting with a Realistic Foreground and Abstract Background


This is for all my fellow Harry Potter fans out there! I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan. I've re-read the books countless times. For those of you who have read the books, you know that in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry struggles to believe that he was a true Gryffindor.  For a while he was convinced that the Sorting hat put him in the wrong house because it said he would do very well in Slytherin. In the end, Harry saves Hogwarts and discovers that indeed, he is a true Gryffindor at heart. 
I did the background like this because red is the house color for Gryffindor and green is the color for Slytherin. I tried to make the red more vibrant than the green because Gryffindor is where he truly belongs. Ha I'm such a nerd! Also, ignore the black stuff... it's just tape
Here is the final painting after adding the realistic foreground. 

Comments

Popular Posts